This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
I am currently serving as a Senator for the College of Engineering and as the Chair of the Civic Engagement Committee. Previously, I held the role of an At-Large Member in the Civic Engagement and University Affairs (now Student Initiatives) Committees. Beyond Student Government, I worked with the Department of Residence as a Community Adviser for two years (BWR represent), I helped lead College of Engineering campus tours as a member of The Engineering Ambassador and Mentor Program, and I will be an Undeclared Engineering Peer Mentor and Project Management (CE 306) Teaching Assistant next year.
I joined Student Government because I love this school and the opportunities that I have had while attending, and I want to help other students achieve as much as they can in the short time that they are at Iowa State. I hope that through my role as Civic Engagement Chair, I can help empower students to find their own voices and advocate for themselves, eventually empowering them to inspire their friends and family as well.
Please feel free to reach out through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (702-575-7935) if you have any questions or concerns!
I hope to do the following (and more) over this next year:
- Work on legislation involving green technology and environmental awareness
- Improve voter awareness and involvement through multiple political events and registration drives
- Increase Student Government presence on campus through extensive outreach efforts
- Improve campus safety by continuing efforts to install more sidewalk lighting
- Motivate Engineering students to socialize with those from different majors through more Engineering social events
- Brainstorm ideas with Engineering administration on reducing the number of students who fail introductory engineering classes, such as Statics and Mechanics