Diversity and Inclusion Committee
2020 has been a year like no other, in terms of people around the world, standing up for equality and inclusion. Join the student government’s effort to help create a campus that is diverse and united, expressive and respectful, as well as inclusive and supportive of the student body.
What we do?
- We help students and student organizations partner with other groups on campus for initiatives that they may have along with resources of help and support.
- We are tied to student government by the Director of Diversity and Inclusion sitting on the cabinet of Student Government. The committee is led by the Director and is associated with student government.
- Members of the committee are both senators of the Student Government and at-large members.
- The main roles and responsibilities are working towards creating a space in which everyone is respected and feels comfortable coming forward with issues that they see on campus.
- Attending meetings as set by the group, and if unable to make the meeting informing the director ahead of time.
- Working alongside other members to work on initiative and projects
- Bringing forward issues that are being brought up by other students on campus and advocating for them in the committee meetings.
The utmost freedom of a human is to be one’s true self and not be discriminated against, because of it.
- K. Rana
If you have any questions or would simply like to reach out to the director of this committee, please email at krana_at_iastate.edu