Diversity and Inclusion Committee
It is fair to say that 2020 has been a year like no other and around the world people are standing up for ideals of equality and inclusion. Join the Student Government’s efforts to help create a campus that is diverse and united, expressive and respectful, and inclusive and supportive of the student body.
What we do?
- We open discussions and create initiatives through Student Government that promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
- We partner with other student groups on campus for initiatives, providing resources, help, and support in their initiatives.
- We speak about current issues impacting our campus, the country, and the world at large.
- Working towards creating a space in which everyone is respected and feels comfortable coming forward with issues that they see on campus.
- Attending meetings set by the group.
- Working alongside other members to work on initiative and projects.
- Bringing forward issues that are being brought up by other students on campus and advocating for them in the committee meetings.
2020 Social Justice Forum
This past Summer, a Social Justice Forum was held. A transcript and link to the recorded forum can be found below.
If you have any questions or would simply like to reach out to the director of this committee, please email email@example.com.