Health and Wellness Committee
This committee is dedicated to providing applicable resources for all Iowa State student’s success in regard to health and wellness. The members of this committee work with other ISU departments and Student Government Committees to form a cohesive alliance with the goal of enhancing the overall student experience!
What we do?
- During the 2019-2020 school year, the committee’s focus is on the Body, Mind, and Soul.
- It is imperative to this committee that at the center of this triad be the consideration of culture and diversity so that we may provide the most comprehensive service for our vast population of students.
- Using education via social media outlets, and outreach events, this committee works tirelessly to make Iowa State a safe, healthy and inclusive space for all students.
- All students are encouraged to participate.
Initiatives/Goals for the committee this year:
- Get Yourself Tested – GYT
- Partners: Thielen Health Center, Student Wellness
- TAO App – Therapy Assisted Online App
- Partners: Student Counseling Services
- Lifestyle Expo
- Hosted by Recreation Services
- Social Media Outreach
- Any/All ISU Departments/Student Orgs
- Exclusive looks at resources on campus relevant to students. Check out the videos!
- Student Health Fund
- Partners: Thielen Health Center, Student Wellness, Student Counseling Services
Resources from the Director of Student Health and Wellness Student Action Plan Employee Action Plan Keep Community, Stay Informed, Be Well Handout – Student Keep
Statement from the Committee Chair:
My goal is that this committee contributes to inclusive, sustainable, and relevant initiatives for all students. The health of a student’s body, mind, and soul as a whole is so important to their success at Iowa State.