This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Hi! My name is Alyannah Buhman, and I am the Director of DEI within student government. I lived in Le Mars, Iowa until I moved to Ames to pursue a college education. Throughout my time here, I have found a love for advocacy and social justice. As a woman of color who identifies with the LGBTQIA+ community and has a chronic illness, I understand and recognize many barriers that students face in the Iowa State Community. Although my time as Director is short, I will use it to implement change throughout campus.
Other Involvement at Iowa State University:
- Peer Mentor for the George Washington Carver Program
- Cyclone Hockey Cheerleader
- Model for the Iowa State Fashion Show
Fun Fact: I'm a middle child!
My goals for the semester are:
- create intentional spaces on campus for marginalized communities
- increase representation within student government through outreach and programming
- address issues largely impacting marginalized students, such as food insecurity, financial insecurity, and lack of resources
- learn, grow, and advocate passionately for myself and for others